Monday, November 10, 2014

I'll have some of the yeller‏

It sounds like y'all have had a crazy fun filled week! I'm glad you had a good rest of the week in Arizona! I hope you got some videos or at least a photo or two of you guys sliding down the slide or something! Hahaha that sounds like a blast! 

Well the weeks with the car go by wayyyyyy to fast!!! But it's okay because this week was a great week!! But first off, so sad news... Felipe won't be getting baptized on Saturday :( boo. This week we had been talking about it and getting him excited and answering his questions. But something just felt off. On Friday we had the trainer trainee meeting where we got with all the other trainers and trainees, I got to see Hermana Levao, I was so happy!! :) anyway the meeting went great!! But after, Hermana Torres and I were talking and we both felt like he just wasn't ready. But we didn't want to tell him that... But we went into our lesson and he told us he was thinking about that, just not ready.

This last Sunday was also our primary program. It was SO cute!! We have a ton of kids in our ward. I love it.  our bishopbric is amazing!!! Seriously. Just the best. So we are thankful for that. This week was a pretty good week though!!! I feel like where did the week go? But that's pretty good I guess! 

This morning I actually had a really good scripture study! I was reading in 3 Nephi 9 and it is right after Christ's death and right after the 3 days of darkness and they hear Christ talking. I love love love verses 13-14

13 O all ye that are spared because ye were more righteous than they, will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?

14 Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unt

I was listening to a conference talk by Elder Allen Packer and he quoted Elder Oaks and he said "A testimony is to know and to feel. Conversion is to do and to become."  And I really just love that. And that's what Christ is inviting us to do. To be converted unto him by using his atonement. 

The frustration with Spanish is definitely still here but I'm just trying to take it paso a paso. So in lessons I try as hard as I can to pay attention and to speak but sometimes I just can't then she has me explain something in Spanish that I have never even taught anyone before and I don't know how. That happened last night and I was actually just mad. And I might have started crying in the closing prayer cause I was so mad. It's just so frustrating. But I am trying to take the frustration and use it to my advantage. My writing and reading in spanish has gotten better so that is a plus! I'm just trying to make the most of it. :) 

I'm glad you got my letter and that all is well at home :) I'm sorry it's starting to get colder. It's back and forth here. One day it's freezing, the next day it's super warm... So we never know what we'll get! Sad the Utes lost :( do they play this next week? I hope hope hope they do good!! Thanks for all your love and support and especially your prayers. I love you all so much! :) 

Love always, 
Hermana Lizzy Brown :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment