Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Happy Halloween

Hello family ! 

How are you ? It sounds like yalls week was really fun but also busy ! I am sad to hear that the Utes lost :( but I am excited for Sarah and Jordan, so exciting for their cute baby girl. Can you believe this week is Halloween. Sad to be missing some delicious scones and chicken noodles soup, but I guess I will just have to wait til next year! 

This week was a great week but I am semi having a hard time remembering everything that happened. But I will do my best to inform y'all !!

So first off great news ! Wednesday night we were driving home and I got a call from the Hermanas in Columbia.  I am not sure if you remember me talking about our investigator Angie or not when I was serving in Columbia, but she is awesome. She has such a strong testimony of the gospel and of the priesthood but wasn't able to get baptized because she wasn't married to her husband , and he was a little anti getting married as well, so it was just hard, but Angie still came to church, and she just loved it. Well the Hermanas in Columbia have been working really hard with them for like the past year and they called to tell me that they were getting married Saturday and Angie was getting baptized Sunday!! I was sooooo excited !! My heart just filled with joy :) I am amazed at how the lord truly does bless and love his children. So it was awesome I got to skype into her baptism yesterday and talk with her. I am so happy and feel so blessed that I was able to know Angie and now, I am so happy that she was able to get baptized. It was also really cool because we were able watch the baptism with our investigator Lupe at our branch presidents house. So that was awesome. 

 Friday night we also had a branch activity and it was so much fun ! A ton of members, less actives, and investigators came ! We had a ton of games for the kids, candy, and of course, delicious food. I feel bad for being so grossed out that time josh put mayo and hot sauce on his corn on the cob, because it is seriously delicious !!! I love it. As well as some chicharrones with valentina sauce, delicious. What was awesome was that our investigator Ozmara came too, that was a miracle and she brought her two kids, Isabella and Joel. It was a blast :) I love this little ramita here :) 

This week was kind of a weird week. We did a lot of finding and saw a lot of less active members. So that's always good :) we did have one super weird day finding. We were driving and we got lost and so we just decided to park and do some tracking. So like literally every house we knocked we met someone really interesting. First we met this very very flamboyant man and it was just weird, then we knocked into this atheist family , then a lesbian couple, and then a really crazy / passionate church of Christ lady. It was one of the most interesting neighborhoods I have ever knocked before. 

Oh I need to tell you about what happened last night. So it was awesome because we had a great lesson with Aida and Carmen and we got home at 9, and then we start our nightly planning and we pull out our phone to text some members , and guess what ? Yup.... I left our phone at Aida's and she lives like super far away, like 25 minutes.... We thought we would just go today to get the phone so that we wouldn't have to call president since we would get back after 9:30, but then we realized that it was Sunday night and we needed to call and give our numbers and we thought that maybe people would get freaked out of concerned or something if we didn't answer our phone. So then we left and got to Aida's and luckily they were all still awake, so that was good. We got the phone and came home. It was a crazy night. I have problems leaving our stuff places. This last week i also left our keys at either our investigators house, or members house and by the time we got to the car we had to go back in and get them. My mind is all over the place! 

I can't really remember much of what happened the rest of this week, but it was a good week ! Our investigators are still doing good! Thanks for praying for Mario he is getting there step by step. November is his month, I know it :) 

I hope y'all have a very happy Halloween ! I know I will because our friend Santos from our English class is getting baptized ! So that's awesome and president said we can go ! But we also have to be in at 6 on Halloween.... Who knows what we will do... But it should be fun :) thanks for all y'all do for me. I hope you have a great week ! I love y'all ! 

XO 
Hermana Brown :)

No comments:

Post a Comment