Wednesday, December 9, 2015

It's Santi Claus and his little elf‏


Hello family ! Happy December !! Seriously the time is just going by way too fast! I feel like it was just Monday a couple days ago, that's stressful. But the good thing is only 3 more weeks until we get to SKYPE :) woot woot ! I am excited for that :) the weather in Tennessee right now is very nice. It feels like the beginning of October and I love it. I don't know if I can come back to cold November and December months... We will see how that goes... As for this week I will try my best to remember all the great things that happened ! 

One day last week, I don't remember when, we were driving down the street and stopped at the 3 way stop light thing and our light was red and there was a car turning, whose light was green but he wasn't going and so I looked over and there was just this guy sitting in the driver seat like knocked out! Head tilted all the way to the side, mouth wide open... And I was like "do you think he is okay ???" So we pulled over and his window was down so Hna Dansie was like "hello? Are you okay? Hello ????" And nothing ! I was like freaked out a little bit because I was like "is he dead???!!!! What should we do ?! " so we pulled over behind him and went and knocked on the window and he like woke up and we were like "are you okay ?" And he was like "woah. What? Yeah" then he just drove away.... Hahaha it was so funny and so weird. 

Okay another cool experience I had this week was we have occasionally been teaching this family , la familia Cervantes, but they aren't progressing much so we only see them every now and then, but on Wednesday night we decided to go and visit them. So we go over and there and their house is just full of people. All of the wife's cousins and stuff just got here and are staying with them. It was crazy ! But they were so nice and we sat down at the table and at first there were people outside, watching tv in the living room, doing dishes in the kitchen, just like people everywhere. But we sat down and they all came into the dinner room area. It was cool!! So we started talking and getting to know everyone and such then we shared the new Christmas video and started teaching them about the restoration. It was crazy. It was like the Cervantes family, mom dad and 4 kids, and then I think 10 men just standing / sitting around the table listening to us ! I felt like that picture mom has of the first missionaries in Denmark, seriously it was so cool! I felt the spirit so strongly as we testified of the Book of Mormon and the restoration. :) such a powerful moment !! Then we asked them if they would like a copy and they all said yes !!! :) we gave out 10 book of Mormons at one lesson, it was awesome :) and we have another appointment with them this week. Let's just say.... Christmas miracles ! Father ChristmasClapping hands sign

As for our investigators go, things are going well. We had another good lesson with the Gutierrez family, the single dad the two sons. Sadly they didn't come to church last week or yesterday do to work and such so we had to move Eric's baptism but we are still feeling pretty good about it all :) Eric is awesome and just is a seeker of truth ! And something I love is if feel like they are actually learning. Like people are actually listening to what we are teaching ! Haha it's such a struggle. It's so hard because here everyone has their church, everyone has their beliefs and everyone knows their church is true.. Most of the time when we share the message of the restoration we just get "yup the church is on the earth, praise the lord. Go talk to someone who doesn't know about Jesus Christ." .... But it makes me happy to know at least one family is learning and growing in the gospel :) 

We also set another baptismal date with our miracle investigator Romelia ! For January 2! I am pretty excited. She is so awesome too and is just READY for the gospel :) she has to work on Sunday so we are in the process of her switching shifts and whatever and finding a new job. Please pray for her !! :) 

This last week was a great week, but at the same time a little rough. Sometimes I just can't understand why people don't understand the message we bring, or why they won't just give us 2 minutes to testify about Jesus Christ when they say "he's my best friend!" Or why it's so hard to get people to come to church. but I read this quote from President Monson today about patience. He said, 

"Life is full of difficulties, some minor and others of a more serious nature. There seems to be an unending supply of challenges for one and all. Our problem is that we often expect instantaneous solutions to such challenges, forgetting that frequently the heavenly virtue of patience is required.”

As I read that quote today I could mom say, "Patience is a virtue, Elizabeth. " And now I feel like I am truly learning what that actually means while serving my mission. I love the Lords counsel he gave to the sons of Mosiah when he told them  "...go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success."  I know that is the same for each of us and our afflictions that we are each faced with in this life. When we can really obtain the Christlike attribute of patience, patience truly does become a virtue :) 

I think that's about all for this week.... I hope y'all have a great week !!! And enjoy all the Christmas parties !! I love y'all soooo much ! Thanks for all your prayers and support. Know that I am praying for y'all !! 

XO
Hermana Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment