Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Merry Christmas Ya Filthy Animal‏

 FAMILY!!!! Merry Christmas !!!!!! Smiling face with smiling eyesSmiling face with smiling eyesSmiling face with smiling eyes I am so excited to talk with y'all this week !!! It will be SO MUCH FUN!!! Before I start talking all about my week, I just want y'all to know how much I truly love each of you ! Being on my mission I have truly come understand and more fully appreciate 3 things. 1 my Savior Jesus Christ 2 the gospel which he taught 3 how amazing my family truly is and how grateful I am for y'all. I am blessed to be born into a home where the gospel was not only taught, but lived everyday. I am grateful for parents who understand and have testimonies of the Plan of salvation and Jesus Christ and live accordingly to their testimonies. I am so grateful for my older siblings who truly have been the best examples to me in my life. I have always looked up to each of you, thanks for being awesome. I am so blessed :) 
Well as for this week, I don't even know if I will remember everything or not... I sure hope so. This week feels like it was soooo short but also SO long. I hope I will be able to remember most of what happened. 
I went on a few exchanges this week. First a cute Hermana, Hna Gamble came up here with me. It was so much fun ! We did a lot of random service for our investigators and such, which is always fun and makes me happy. If you ever feel down or sad or tired all you need to do is SERVE. We also had some weird run ins with A drunk guy who when we asked him who the savior is To him he just talked about El Salvador, the country and how if someone really follows the bible they don't dance or listen to music and weird stuff. the whole time I was just like I can't believe this is happening haha ... borracho.. Always a fun time. Haha 
I went on another exchange and I went down to Murfreesboro with cute Sister Hammond. We had a lot of fun and met a ton of cool people! The theme was that they were all from Memphis, worked at Amazon , and worked the 6 to 6 shift... Seriously EVERYONE WE MET! It was so strange. I felt like I was living deja vu over and over again. She is in the YSA down there and covers the Middle Tennessee State University campus, which was cool but was like a ghost town since everyone went home for Christmas break. But we were able to find a lot of people and talk to a lot of people so that is always fun :) we also ran into the middle of some of the YSA drama life too... Haha so that is always fun Winking face I can't decide which is worse.... YSA drama or Hispanic drama... That Latinatude can be pretty fierce... Dancer
Saturday we had our branch Christmas party ! It was so much fun !!! Hna Dansie and I actually made the piñata and it looked awesome ! The kids did a nice little program and they asked me and Hna Danise to sing... Oh joy... But it was a lot of fun and we had a lot of investigators and non members there :) I love this branch, they are seriously so awesome !! :) 
Yesterday I had to talk in church and Dad would be so proud of me. I spent a lot of the week translating the story "That Thy Alms May Be in Secret" into Spanish and I shared it as my talk. It was really awesome :) I love that story. And so did everyone else! They kept talking about it the rest of the block. Last week we learned about different spiritual gifts in our Gospel Principles class and we learned about the gift of translation.haha when I was translating the story I prayed that I could have that gift and I think I got it ! So that was cool. Lesson learned, pray for spiritual gifts, have faith you will get it, and go to work! So that was pretty cool, but totally all the spirit. The rest of the church meeting was great, just full of love and Christ. I just love Christmas time and the chance that I have to be a missionary at this time :) 
I am sorry this email is soooooo lame, but the good thing is, we get to SKYPE on FRIDAY :) 
I hope y'all have a great Christmas and have fun dancing around the Christmas tree Thursday night Winking face thanks for all your support and love !! 
remember, Jesus Christ is the good news ! Share it with the world :) D&C 76:40-42
LOVE ALWAYS, 
Hermana Brown 
PS I got the Christmas package, THANK YOU :) also, GO UTES 


It was as tall as our member... Big piñata or little person ?

 Pictures at the party

This sweet older lady in our branch gave me this ring for Christmas :)

Our sweet piñata


No comments:

Post a Comment