Monday, February 22, 2016

EL FIN‏

Querida familia y amigos :
 
Well this is it, my last email serving as a full time missionary of
the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I can't even begin to
explain how I feel right now, considering I don't even know myself. I
can't believe that for the last 18 months of my life I have had the
opportunity to represent my savior Jesus Christ and teach those around
me all about restored gospel.
 
Let me just tell y'all how much I love my mission !
I love everything. Everything about it :) I try to think about what I
could share about the things I have learned and I feel like I would
probably be writing them until next week if I tried to do that. As I
have thought a lot about my mission, the experiences I have had, the
people I have met, and my personal conversion to the gospel of Jesus
Christ I can't help but smile and think about a loving, merciful
Father in Heaven who has allowed me, someone so far from perfect, to
labor in his vineyard. To get to know and serve his children, and to
deepen my own understanding of the gospel. I think of my savior Jesus
Christ. I am so grateful for him. Someone who literally gave
everything, his time, his love, his patience, his life, for me, for
everyone. If that's all I could learn on my mission I am happy.
 
I remember my first week walking down some creepy road in Columbia at
8:45pm when Hna Torres asked me what I wanted to learn or be at the
end of my mission. I thought about this question for a little bit and
then answered by sharing a quote from Elder Dallin H Oaks. This has
been the theme of my mission. "A testimony is to know and believe.
Conversion is to do and become." that's what I wanted out of my
mission. I didn't just want a testimony of the gospel, of Jesus
Christ, or of Heavenly Father, I wanted to do and become. I wanted to
become someone who because of their testimony was changed, and not
just for a little while. But who's heart had truly been changed and
would stay changed.
 
The Lord is so merciful and he truly knows exactly what we need in our
lives. Everyday, every minute. The lord has taught me so much and
helped me learn little by little everyday, just enough so that I
could, over time , become truly converted and changed. I am so
grateful. :)
 
I don't want to be all sentimental and everything during my last
email, but I guess that's just how I truly feel about my mission. It
is all just a big sweet tender mercy ! Full of hilarious stories,
awkward moments, sketchy people, crazy bible bashers, spicy food, it's
full of daily miracles, full of service, full of laughter, full of
tears and frustration, full of faith and hope, full of prayer, full of
happiness.
 
Enos 1:26
 "And I saw that I must soon go down to [my home], having been wrought
upon by the power of God that I must preach and prophesy unto this
people, and declare the word according to the truth which is in
Christ. And I have declared it in all my days [for the last 18 months]
and have rejoiced in it above that of the world."
 
Although I am sad it's over, I am so happy ! I am so happy because I
too have rejoiced in this work ! This is the work of salvation. This
is the work of the Lord. What more could we rejoice about ?
 
I am so blessed to have such an amazing family, thank you for all you
have done for me! I love you sooooo much ! I am grateful for goodly
parents who have raised me in the knowledge of the gospel and for
older siblings who have supported me and been the best examples to me.
Call me trunky but I am so excited to see y'all on Wednesday  morning
:)
 
I know that this work is true. I know that God lives, he is our
father, I know that Jesus is the Christ. He is the savior and redeemer
of the world and all mankind. I know the gospel has been restored
through the prophet Joseph Smith. I know that when he prayed that
spring morning, God the Father and Jesus Christ appeared to him. What
happened in the sacred grove that day changed the world. It changed
everything. And I know it can change lives, because it has changed
mine. I know the Book of Mormon is true !! I am grateful for the
chance to serve in "the Bible Belt" because my love and testimony for
the bible has grown so much as well. I know that this is a gospel of
happiness and joy.
 
I can't wait to see you on Wednesday morning !!
 
Con mucho mucho mucho amor ,
Hermana Elizabeth Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment