Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Happy Febrero 🚂‏

Yo fam ! Seems like we just talked..... Smiling face with Sunglasses
How was your week ? It sounds like things are going well at home and I
am happy to hear about that, expect for the cold... It has been like
65-70 the last couple days, I have been loving ! The thought of coming
home to a cold place is kind of horrible sounding... Haha so I will
just enjoy my time in the south as of right now Winking face
 
So this week was great ! It was a little bit different because we
didn't teach as many lessons this week, but it was nonetheless full of
so many awesome miracles !
 
So first off I am very happy because I feel like Hna Reynolds is
adjusting more and more to missionary life, which is a lot less stress
on my part. And I am really happy because she has been a lot more
active in the lessons! It's crazy because she always says she never
has any idea what people are saying but whenever she talks to shares
something she always is teaching about what we are talking about or
addressing the needs of our investigators or less actives. So either
she understands a lot more than she thinks she does, or she is just
super super in tune with the spirit, regardless of what it is, it
makes my part a lot more easier. So yay, progress :)
 
This week we had zone conference and it was awesome! And my last zone
conference of my mission. That's SO weird !! And all the departing
missionaries that go home this transfer, we had to go up and give our
departing testimony. It was so strange because it was my turn... It
doesn't even feel real at all ! And of course I was the first one
called to go up... Seriously I think I just word vomitted all over up
there haha but zone conference was seriously awesome. President
Andersen shared this really cool motivating video to get us excited to
as he said, "turn up the heat. Turn the water into steam" haha I love
him! But it was seriously awesome and it was just what I needed to
hear, and I also think what Hna Reynolds needed as well Smiling face with smiling eyes also guess
what we had for lunch ? Chik-fil-a . Like best way to end my last zone
conference. I was very happy :)
 
We had an interesting run in with the po po this week, and by po po I
definitely mean the police... Let me explain. Thursday night we were
eating dinner with Hna Burgos and we asked her if she knew anyone we
could go visit. She thought about it for a second and asked if we had
ever heard of Margarita Andersen. She said that about 10 years ago the
missionary were teaching her and she loved the gospel so much , but
then her husband ran into anti Mormon stuff and told her she could
never go back.... Margarita loved the gospel so much she asked Hna
Burgos to do your temple work for her if she died before she could
become a member. WELL apparently on of our members awhile ago saw her
at Walmart and guess what?! Her husband had DIED ! Which, is sad, but
is also a good thing for us but the only bad thing is that no one in
our branch has her number or can remember where she lives... Only the
area... So being the great detective missionaries that we are, we set
off to find margarita.
 
Well so apparently where she lives is on the side of a busy road, no
where to really park your car. We drove down a few peoples driveways
and knocked on their doors, but no luck. So we decided to drive down
the street a little more, park our car in a neighborhood and then just
walked down the road knocking on doors. We didn't have much time so we
knocked the first door and no one answered, then we got to the second
door and met a really nice lady, but she had no idea who she was... We
had to get to dinner so still determined to find her we started to
walk back to the car. As we were walking this undercover cop car drive
onto our side of the road with their lights on and pulls into the
grass. This lady just dressed in like normal clothes jumps out of her
car and says "stop, under cover police!" I'm like what the heck is
happening right now ? She goes "we got a call that you guys are going
door to door soliciting and this is a none soliciting area" and I'm
like, in my sweet, not at all irritated voice said "we are actually
just looking for our friend, Margarita" and she says "well they said
you parked your car in that neighborhood and they watched you pull
pamphlets out of your trunk" feeling pretty creeped out that people
were watching us closely I said "only because we want to give one to
our friend" she then goes "well you need to leave" and so then you
know again being my sweet angel like self said " do you know Margarita
Andersen lives?" Haha she kind of gave us the stink eye and got in her
car and drove away. Guess she didn't know who she was either... But we
are still determined to find her, as Joseph Smith said, no unhallowed
can stop this work!!
 
ALSO. YESTERDAY WAS A MIRACLE DAY AT CHURCH
2 of our investigators, Heriberto and Eric came to church !!! It was
awesome, they couldn't stay for the rest of the meetings, BUT THEY
STILL CAME !!! I was literally so happy ! And we also had a ton of
less actives come too. It was seriously a miracle !
 
I am happy that mom and e were able to meet presidente Burgos and
Heber and Lupe. That's so funny, they are great people ! Hopefully Hna
Danise and Heber were good translators Winking face
 
I think that's really all about it for this week ! It was a really fun
week and we are starting to see the fire catch again with our
investigators and our members, which is a blessing! I hope y'all have
a great week and try not to freeze ! Thanks for all y'all do for me. I
love y'all soooooo much !
 
XO
Hermana Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment